Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet the new boss ...


Hello, fellow law gossip-hounds (and mid-level associates running short on billable work), meet your new leader: me.

I am looking forward to embarking on this journey to the depths of legal society with all of you, and look forward to reading your biting wit and relevant social analysis in the comments.

As for my credentials, well, I am either a snot-nosed 2L at a local law school, or a senior partner at a large local firm who has grown tired of watching the practice of law deform into a billable-hour chasing mess. Either way, I am a Las Vegas native, I am filled with angst and I think I know everything there is to know about the practice of law. Does it really matter who I am for our purposes? You may call me Joe, Joe Law.

As for the old boss, Legal Eagle has graciously offered to stay on and post occasionally, but as for the day-to-day activities of this blog, they are now under my control. Muahahah! I would like to thank LE for the hard work she has put into making this blog a great place to read about our local legal shenanigans. In addition to LE, we will be adding a few guest posters who shall reveal themselves when the time is right.

Our focus is now on churning out at least one post per day, so keep checking back and we will do our best to keep you entertained, or at a minimum, amused. Guaranteed, or your money back.

Welcome to the new Wild Wild Law ... same as the old Wild Wild Law.

4 comments:

  1. Here here JL! Nothing like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...er, sliding in a new editor. Try not to &$#! things up too much - I count on this blog to waste about 15 minutes of my time each weekday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God. A new editor. That last editor wouldn't stop making fun of Judge Halverson, who was one of the best judges on the bench in my opinion and a victim of the old boys network and beauty contest mentality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to LE for all the hard work. Good luck to JL, looking forward to your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a good idea. I'm sure that doing a daily blog is not easy so a lead editor and multiple sub-editors, maybe looking for specific subject areas.
    To Anon: 6:43p - come on, Halverson deserves damn near everything she got, other than the physical violence against her by her felon husband - nobody really deserves to be beaten even though we might think they do.

    ReplyDelete