Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bail set for Evil Ed: Halverson update

Chief Judge Douglas Smith hosted the bail hearing of Judge Halverson's husband, "Evil Ed", today and set bail at $113k.

The Las Vegas Sun reports:

Edward Lee Halverson, 49, wasn't released from jail and a judge set bail at $113,000 today on domestic violence-related charges after he allegedly beat his wife, Judge Elizabeth Halverson, with a frying pan last week.

Edward Halverson will have a public defender appointed. He asked to be released to his cousin, Scott Lewedag, who lives in Las Vegas, but the judge refused based on his prior felony record, including felon in possession of a gun. Smith also banned Halverson from going closer than half a mile from his wife, who has 100 staples closing her wounds.

He has been charged with attempted murder, battery with substantial bodily harm and battery with a deadly weapon, Metro Police said.

Thank god his release was denied. The streets of Vegas are safe from the frying pan attacks of Evil Ed, at least for now.

4 comments:

  1. While I am glad that Elizabeth won't be taking the bench again any time soon, I find no happiness in her injuries.

    I just wish that when she fell from her 4volt rascal she would have landed on Evil Ed. Man, that dirty piece of white trash should stay in jail for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt he's a danger to the public. If I was married to her I might have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I read last year that Halverson married a convicted burglar with gun and drug offenses on his record I was counting the days until I read that he killed her.

    Apparently, Evil Ed thought she was dead, because he had already begun the Scott Peterson style crime scene cleanup with bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the "trial" with Elizabeth Halverson and seriously if my husband would have every right to beat me over the head with a frying pan if I was anything close to acting like her. I almost,almost feel sorry for her. I'm guessing that her attorneys will now have a reason to get a extension on her paperwork.

    ReplyDelete