Saturday, September 13, 2008

Try not to be a dick if you're on jury duty . . . especially in Judge Leavitt's courtroom

Nevada District Court Judge Michelle Leavitt had to put the smackdown on a potential juror in her courtroom on Friday morning who got aggressive with the courtroom marshal.

The Review-Journal reports:

A judge jailed a dismissed potential juror in the Jane "Cordova" Doe murder trial Friday morning after the juror became combative.

District Judge Michelle Leavitt ordered that the juror be jailed for 25 days after he swore and became aggressive toward a marshal, said court spokesman Michael
Sommermeyer.

The juror, when leaving the courtroom, shouted, "This is (expletive)," Sommermeyer said. The trial was in the jury selection phase at the time of the incident.


Ouch. Aggressive towards a marshal . . . not the smartest thing to do in a court of law. However, it would be interesting to find out what "aggressive" means. Judge Leavitt is not really known for her patience, understanding or courtesy. Probably not a good idea to act like a dick in her courtroom.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my hell, Leavitt is such an intolerable super mega beeotch. 25 Days? WTF?! I hope he posts bail immediately, and then sues her. I know it sounds crazy, but he can concoct a cause of action. I know that wiser judges fear civil contempt jail sentences because of the possibility of liability.

    I'm sure the guy deserved it, I am just biased against the Honorable Leavitt. I just hope her brother doesn't figure out who I am, or I might be on the family shit list. But I'd be in good company with Ozzie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture, every time I drive by her giant billboard I think,
    "is a retarded fat chick running for judge?"

    At least she's not wearing that hideous super-red-lipstick she's prone to.

    ReplyDelete