Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Taxi-Strip Club Conspiracy Continues but not if KKBRF has anything to say about it

Kummer Kaempfer may have lost it's two top partners (prior post), but it still knows how to pick a fight in the public interest.

James Smyth of KKBRF has filed a class action lawsuit in federal court (Complaint available here) suing numerous Vegas strip clubs and taxi companies for the practice of steering Vegas tourists away from their strip club of choice to a strip club that offers kickbacks to taxi drivers.

Courthouse News Service reports:

He claims the long list of defendant night clubs recoup the money spent on kickbacks by watering liquor, selling cheap booze as brand name, padding customers' bills, and "threats of actual physical harm" to customers.

Trapp claims his own taxi driver discouraged him from going to his "chosen destination," and "misled [him] into believe that his chosen destination was somehow undesirable," telling him, "'There are better clubs' ... 'The girls are better at other clubs' ... 'Play it Again Sam is kinda sketchy' ... and 'I'll take you to a better club.'"


We here at WWL are for any lawsuit that stops the watering down of drinks at strip clubs. I can't tell you the amount of times I have been trying to watch Desire slide down a stripper pole upside down, only to be distracted by my watered down cosmopolitan.

Good on you, KKBRF. Vegas may be all about bilking the tourists out of every dime, but strip clubs shouldn't participate in that. Every man (and woman) has a right to see the implants of their choice without any hassle or discouragement [I think it's in the Nevada Constitution].

Editor's Note: WWL wants to run a follow-up story that really captures the view of this lawsuit from the strip club's perspective. We are looking for attorneys to volunteer to head out to a local strip club and interview the girls, preferably while they are on twirling around the pole.

[thanks to V and W for the tip]

9 comments:

  1. The easiest way to get 86'd from Sapphires is to ask, "Yeah, can I get a drink with some booze in it?"

    Expect to be literally thrown out... It's fun, like a carnival ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not the first rodeo for these types of law suits. A few years ago, the strip clubs were suing each other trying to make each other stop the tipping (case no. 06A530080). Due to some standing issues, I think the lawyers have realized that the suit has to go after the cab companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh..."Play it Again Sam's is kinda sketchy" sounds like a cabbie doing a solid for a stranger to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with 3:17.

    That cabbie was doing him a favor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Kummer Kaempfer may have lost it's two top partners (prior post), but it still knows how to pick a fight in the public interest."

    LOL -- I hope you meant "its."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great catch 4:58, you've added so much to this conversation. Before you pointed out that egregious error I had no idea what this post was about.

    I've got some rope you can borrow. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why pick a fight over something small? Let KKBRF go down fighting. They have nothing else to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got shaken down at the Rhino one time by the bouncer who told me I had to pay cover because I came in a cab. I explained that I was a local. He said "too bad, you came in a cab and we paid him" to which I replied "so your club promotes drinking and driving for locals?" I got in free than night, but I had no idea this was a policy. This seems like a RICO suit waiting to happen...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered this blog - you guys are friggin hilarious!!!! If I had seen this post back when, I would have commented - since I am an atty that owned a strip club. I would routinely hear stories about cabbies telling people my club was: impossible to find (sunset and LV Blvd, wtf?); closed (my wife wished it was); a tranny joint (uh, i hope not - or, ewww, boiling water pls?); full of skanks (...guilty). So, my sentiments are, F those friggin cabbies right up the...exhaust. Whew! In any event, at least im not still bitter...

    ReplyDelete