Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday News Roundup

On Friday, a federal jury found that apparently people do have to pay taxes, convicting Mr. Kahre and friends for using a gold coin scheme to evade taxes. (RJ)

Does being grossly obese count as contributory negligence? Louie Anderson is soon to find out (Courthouse News Service) [thanks to W for tip]

Apparently, judicial ethics do have a place in Nevada. Judge Cadish recuses herself from prosecution of Lt. Governor Krolicki case, citing potential conflict of interest. (RJ)

Dennis Kennedy [pictured left] proves that if you own the firm, there's no tie or wall decoration too tacky to have in your business profile (LV Business Press)

7 comments:

  1. Dennis Kennedy:

    "Thirty-one years of big law was enough for me."

    Kennedy thinks LSC = biglaw? Try again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LSC "big law" /= "BigLaw"

    But it is close as it gets here in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who has ever been involved in a lawsuit in which Dennis Kennedy was also involved knows that Dennis is as ethical and brilliant as they come (at least in Nevada). If my business was ever in trouble, I'd hire him. He plays in a different league.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He also bills in a different league (something like $700+ an hour). I'm not knocking it - I would if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He taught my health care law class and I was never so bored in all my life. What a monotone Mr. Kennedy has - maybe that is why he wins his cases, to get him to shut up the jury sides with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So why are our editors ragging on Dennis for having an excellent tie. The suit is a uniform. At least Dennis does something with it.

    ReplyDelete